Frequently asked questions.
Get all your questions answered about Rebelle’s Massachusetts cannabis dispensary. Hours, contact info, rules and regs all answered here. Contact us if you have a more detailed question.
What are Rebelle's store hours?
Rebelle’s Great Barrington dispensary is open Sunday through Wednesday from 8am to 7pm and Thursday through Saturday from 8am to 9pm. Visit our menu to place a pick up order before you arrive.
What forms of ID are accepted?
Your state driver’s license, state identification card, or passport can work as a valid form of identification. Your ID must be valid and have a future expiration date in order to be accepted.
What is Rebelle?
Rebelle is a recreational marijuana dispensary located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Rebelle is a curator of exceptional cannabis and hemp products. We provide an elevated cannabis experience that allows our customers to shop by need, terpene or consumption method, we hope to provide more attention to the individualized experience.
Can I legally buy cannabis from Rebelle?
If you’re a human that’s 21+, you are legally allowed to buy cannabis from Rebelle once our doors open. Just bring a government issued ID (driver’s license, passport, etc).
Is Rebelle currently hiring?
We are hiring! Rebelle is looking for dedicated, passionate, kind and outgoing people to join the team. Do you like cannabis and have a passion for helping others experience it, too? We want you! Please check out our careers page here.
Where are you located?
Rebelle is located in the beautiful Berkshires, in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. Our address is 783 S. Main St, Great Barrington, MA 01230.
How much can I buy? What are the legal limits?
Adults 21+ are able to purchase and possess up to 1 oz of flower and 5 grams of concentrate at a time. At home, you can legally possess up to 10 oz of flower but it has to be stored away in a locked container.
What other legal considerations are there?
Adults 21+ can give away up to an ounce of flower to another 21+ adult. Public consumption is still illegal. Also, don’t smoke on federal lands (that means don’t bring your cannabis to the state parks). Although cannabis is legal in Massachusetts, it’s still federally labelled as a Schedule 1 Drug, making it not okay to be anywhere that’s federal. Never drive under the influence of marijuana. When transporting cannabis, it must be in a sealed container. Cannabis cannot be transported across state lines.
What are my payment options?
When we are open, we can take cash or debit cards for payment at our retail store location.
How does pre-order work?
Pre-ordering is great when you want to skip the line. Simply place your order through our online ordering process and we’ll hold the order for you under your name until close. No payment is needed until you arrive at the dispensary.
How long will you hold my order?
We will hold your same day, pre-order placed before 8 pm, until close.
Can someone else pick up my order?
No one is able to pick up your order, except for you. We’ll confirm everyone’s identity upon entry every time, regardless of how well we get to know you.
Where do your products come from?
All of our marijuana and CBD products are sourced from ethically focused, local wholesale partners. We have plans to launch our homegrown products by early 2021.
What is the difference between all of these consumption methods?
Such a legitimate question! There are so many options when it comes to consuming cannabis and if it’s your first time visiting, it can be overwhelming. Knowledge is the answer to everything and knowing how different cannabis products can affect you can make all the difference.
Key: start low and slow! Wait at least 2 hours after consumption to know how each product affects you individually.
1. Flower – the good old marijuana we all know and love. However, today there are SO many strains and so many ways to classify the types of highs and wellness benefits we get from each one. It’s amazing, actually. In most dispensaries, you can purchase marijuana flower in different amounts (typically by the gram, by the ⅛ or by the ¼ ounce) or in pre-rolled joints.
2. Edibles – the days of the magic brownie are so behind us! There are SO many options for edibles these days, from chocolates to lozenges and gummies, to baked goods. The key is knowing to start low and slow. We recommend taking 1 serving and waiting at least 2 hours so you can fully understand how the edible will affect you.
3. Tinctures – Cannabis tinctures are potentially the most effective way to deliver a potent and exact dosage of THC. Cannabis tinctures are also smokeless so they are great for those looking for alternative, discreet options. Tinctures are made using a solvent like alcohol to extract important terpenes and cannabinoids like THC and CBD (and so much more). Tinctures are a great method for consumption for those interested in the healing powers of cannabis.
4. Concentrates (wtf is a dab!?)- Cannabis concentrates can vary greatly from topicals to vape cartridges. The important thing to remember is that cannabis concentrates are potent- they have been processed to keep only the most desired plant compounds (terpenes and cannabinoids!). Concentrates and extracts are quite similar. Concentrates come in varying textures such as shatter, badder, budder, and crumble. So when you hear dabs, it’s smoking highly concentrated cannabis oil, and not always a dance.
5. Topicals – From the realm of wellness, enter the topical. Topicals are great for the consumer who needs extra healing but cannot always internally consume cannabis. Topicals are made with cbd or thc extracts and used for a variety of benefits; pain management, anxiety and stress.
6. CBD only – CBD only refers to products that are high in CBD and will not produce a psychoactive effect. CBD products have many healing benefits.
How do I know how much to consume?
We always recommend starting low and slow. That means start small if you’re trying something for the first time. Edibles can take a few hours to fully metabolize, which means the effects are delayed. Start with 5 mgs (or one serving) first, wait 2 hours and see how you feel. Smoking flower is quite similar, however the effects are felt immediately. Start with a little and get to know how your personal limits and how your high feels.
What does THC, CBD and THCA mean?
So many new terms to know when buying marijuana at a dispensary! Don’t worry, we got you!
THC: If you know about cannabis, this is probably one term you’re familiar with. But what is THC besides the psychoactive chemical compound in cannabis? THC is a cannabinoid, and cannabinoids are chemical compounds found in the cannabis that interact with the receptors in the brain and body to create various effects. It is important to note the THC percentage on a cannabis label is actually the percentage of THC compared to other terpenes and cannabinoids, and not the total THC amount in that strain.
CBD: CBD is yet another cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant, and is the second most abundant after THC. CBD is non-intoxicating and has many potential therapeutic benefits such as anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, analgesic, and pain management. You will also find a CBD percentage on cannabis labels. If you want a CBD dominant product, look for products with low THC or ask one of our budtenders for help!
THCA: THCA is a naturally occuring acid that has no intoxicating effects until it’s heated (and then it turns until THC). The percentage value of THCA on a label represents the amount of THCA present. THCA has many healing potential benefits for arthritis, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and other ailments. While raw cannabis won’t leave you intoxicated, many people juice raw cannabis leaves for the many benefits found in THCA.
What are you doing to support your positive impact mission?
Rebelle was founded by real people who were moved by the unjustifiable harms placed on our society by the war on drugs. Rebelle’s mission is to create a positive impact in the entire Massachusetts community by hiring 75% of our workforce from disenfranchised populations, offering internships and positions to adjudicated young men and women affected by cannabis prohibition, and by giving back to the community with our profits. We believe cannabis can be the answer to the change we all need. We believe we can be the tide that raises all boats. Rebelle is hiring a workforce lost to a war on drugs, we’re building our grow facility in an abandoned gun factory and our founder is a woman. Our very heartbeat is rebellion for justice.
What towns in Massachusetts in your dispensary close to?
Rebelle is a dispensary located in the Berkshires. It is the closest dispensary to New York City and is located close to the Taconic Highway, conveniently placed in the middle of Great Barrington, off of Route 7.
Rebelle is close to Sheffield, Lee, Pittsfield, Egremont, Alford, Otis, Stockbridge, Blandford, Russell, Westfield, Tolland, Northampton, Westhampton, Southampton. We’re also located near Connecticut and upstate New York. Please refer to MA laws regarding cannabis transportation.
I’ve never been to a dispensary, what do I do?
Awesome, your first time buying legal marijuana! What do you do? Relax, have fun and get educated about what products will complement your individual needs. You have two options when shopping with Rebelle, pre-order or in-store. When pre-ordering, you can place your order through our online menu and then pick up in our store, no need to wait in line. If you want a more personalized experience, shopping in store with one of our budtenders is always the best option. We can tailor your experience to your personal needs, concerns and goals. Relax and just don’t forget to bring your ID!
What precautions are you taking due to Covid-19?
We are practicing social distancing, and operating with a reduced capacity. Masks are required, and surfaces are sanitized regularly. We encourage customers to take advantage of our pre-order system for a quick in & out.